Anti-Inflammatory Ginger Butternut Squash Soup
Shorter days and cooler weather always makes us think of farmers' markets and the local bounty of root vegetables to be enjoyed this time of year. Try Lindsay Mustard's healthy, deliciously seasoned, anti-inflammatory take on this Fall classic!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 gala apple, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and thyme, and saute until the onion is soft and transparent.
- Add the cubed butternut squash and apple and toss in the onion mixture.
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine.
- Add the lid to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once the soup reaches a boil turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is very tender when you pierce it with a fork.
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut milk.
- Add the soup mixture to a high speed blender and blend on until smooth. Transfer to mason jars or storage containers.
Lindsay Mustard is a Holistic Nutritionist, Yoga Instructor and recipe-wizard with a burning passion for health and fitness. In her nutrition practice, Lindsay works with clients to craft a unique plan that is tailored to their specific health goals using a natural, whole food and supplement approach.