Winter Harvest Salad with Maple Cinnamon Tahini Dressing
-photo by @lindsaymustard
In many places across the country, it may feel like Winter has already arrived. If you're not feeling quite up to a Winter Solstice dance, this Winter Harvest salad might just put you in-the-mood for some hygge and hot drinks by the fire. Who can resist a maple-cinnamon-bacon combination? Vegetarians can sub bacon for a sprinkling of their favourite protein source.
For the Salad:
- 3 cups mixed greens
- ½ butternut squash, sliced and roasted (or use leftover roasted vegetables!)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (or substitute your protein of choice)
- 1 gala apple, finely sliced
- ½ avocado, cubed
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Drizzle the dressing onto the salad, mix and serve!
Lindsay Mustard is a Holistic Nutritionist, Yoga Instructor and recipe-wizard with a burning passion for health and fitness. In her nutrition practice, Lindsay works with clients to craft a unique plan that is tailored to their specific health goals using a natural, whole food and supplement approach.